For many of us coffee is the elixir of life. We cannot function properly without (at least) one cup of coffee. If you are the same, this post features a list of awesome coffee hacks what will make your life a lot better.
Here are ten tips and tricks on how to make your coffee healthier and tastier:
1. Use butter instead of milk. This is the healthier, but equally tasty version, to milk and cream. Replace them with unsalted, grass-fed butter and you’ll achieve the same taste, but with less calories.
2. Replace sugar with cinnamon. Aside from the aroma, cinnamon is also healthier and calorie-free.
3. Reuse coffee grounds. Instead of throwing them away, you can reuse old coffee grounds as a garden fertilizer, you can make your own coffee candles, and even use them to exfoliate your body or as a DIY hair treatment.
4. Choose your coffee break in a wise way. It is recommended that you take your coffee breaks at 9:30-11:30 am and 1:30-5 pm, because that’s when your cortisol levels drop.
5. Use coffee for baking. You can replace water with coffee when baking brownies or cookies.
6. Add extra ingredients directly to beans instead of the cup. Instead of adding sugar or other flavor-enhancements to your coffee when it’s already in the mug, add them directly to the coffee beans before grinding them. Your coffee will taste great!
7. Boost coffee’s effects with grapefruit. The healthy fat in grapefruit will help slow the absorption process of the caffeine in your body. That way you will be able to enjoy the miraculous effects of coffee for a longer time.
8. Drink small and frequent doses. Smaller and more frequent doses of coffee have been proven to be more effective than large ones.
9. Drink coffee before working out. Coffee is a great motivator so have some 15 minutes before working out. Remember to drink water too.
10. Want more awesome coffee hacks? Watch this video to see why you should add a pinch of salt to your coffee, use ice coffee cubes and make your own foam!
Do you know other coffee hacks? Share in the comments below!