Source: @basilthegolden Instagram
Meet Basil, a 6 month-old Golden Retriever puppy, who will be demonstrating, in a very cute way, what fruits and vegetables are healthy for dogs.
If you are a dog owner, you surely want to make sure your furry friend gets to benefit from a healthy diet so go ahead and watch Basil test the best and healthiest fruit and veggie meals for dogs!
Here’s what fruits and vegetables are healthy for dogs:
- Apples. They are high in fiber and in vitamin C and A. Make sure you remove the core and seeds before feeding them to your dog.
- Blueberries. Blueberries are a super food, rich in antioxidants.
- Pears. These fruits are high in copper, fibber, vitamin C and K. Remove the seeds and core before feeding them to your dog.
- Carrots. High in fiber and beta-carotene, carrots are the perfect low-calorie snack. Their crunch is reportedly great for dogs’ teeth.
- Cucumbers. If your dog is overweight, cucumbers are the ideal snack. They have little to no carbs, fats or oils, and boost energy levels. They are also a vitamin gold mine: Potassium, Copper, Magnesium, Biotin, and Vitamins K, C and B1.
There you have it! Feed you dog(s) all of the above fruits and veggies to ensure he benefits from a safe and healthy diet. Puppy approved too!
What fruits and veggies are you feeding your dog?