Life is unpredictable, there’s no denying that. Even for the rich and famous, life can easily end in a moment or turn into a tragedy. The next series of photos is a great reminder of just that; you never know what’s going to happen next or when you are going to take in your last breath.
Check out this gallery of the very last photos ever taken of a number of iconic celebrities that have left their mark in history, courtesy of ebaumsworld.
1. The last photo of music legend Freddie Mercury. The photograph dates from 1991, before he died of bronchial pneumonia as a result of AIDS.
2. The last photo of Tupac before he was fatally shot in September 13, 1996. He was accompanied by his manager, Suge Knight.
3. Last photo session of Amelia Earhart before she mysteriously disappeared while flying over the Pacific Ocean in 1937.
4. A photo of Adolf Hitler taken approximately two days prior to his death. He was photographed outside of his Berlin bunker, surveying damage done by previous bombing.
5. Although not confirmed, this is believed to be the last photo taken of Abraham Lincoln before his assassination in 1865.
6. The photo of Albert Einstein taken in front of his house in Princeton, New Jersey. A month later he passed away.
7. This photo of Amy Winehouse was taken a week before she passed away.
8. Heath Ledger on the set of “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus” before he overdosed on pain killers.
9. This is believed to be the last photo of Chris Benoit. It was taken on a cell phone, in Dr. Phil Astin’s office, on June 22nd, 2007.
10. The last photo of John Lennon also features the man who shot him, Mark David Chapman. He was asking the musician for an autograph.
11. This is believed to be the last photo taken of Anne Frank before her family was discovered and arrested.
12. A photo of Elvis Presley pulling into Graceland on August 16, 1977, the same day he passed away.
13. James Dean photographed with his Porsche, “Little Bastard”, which he owned for 9 days before his death. Many believe that the car was haunted.
14. Biggie Smalls in a photo taken right before his death after the Soul Train Awards. He was photographed alongside Sean ‘P.Diddy’ Combs.
15. Jimi Hendrix photographed the day before his death.
16. Paul Walker died in a car crash after leaving a charity event. The car was driven by Roger Rodas, who also lost his life in the accident.
17. A photo of Kurt Cobain taken by Jesse Frohman. Soon after this photo-shoot, Cobain committed suicide.
18. This photo shows Princess Diana in the back seat of the Mercedes she was in when the fatal accident took place.
19. Ryan Dunn was photographed drinking with friends just hours before his death.
20. Photo of Steve Irwin taken two days before he died.